Overview of the Forensic Services Unit (FSU)
The FSU provides training and investigative support to resolve missing person and unidentified decedent cases across the United States. The FSU supports both current and cold cases by:
- Managing the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs).
- Coordinating UNT anthropology and DNA resources
- Providing nationwide missing and unidentified person training courses
- Developing and implementing missing/unidentified person protocols
- Providing case consultations and networks of resources to assist with investigations
- Obtaining facial reconstructions of unidentified decedents from certified forensic artists with Project EDAN
- Performing analytical searches to locate family members for DNA collections and next of kin for death notifications
Click here for information related to the FBI Population Data Bulletin.